Wednesday 10 February 2010

White Light


White Light, originally uploaded by ekhornbeck.

Maybe you have missed me - maybe not. However, the show goes up tomorrow night so I'm about to get my life back.

Quick recap: I'm on the executive of a society called the Dance Collective. We have an incredible wealth of talent here - especially in the first year. It seems to be full of fabulous dancers! Auditions were really hard because there was so much interest in the show. None of the four exec ever imagined we'd have such a hard time casting the show. We ended up with 34 dancers - 33 girls and one latin-dancing boy.

It's been very hard to corral so many people, but we are so proud of what we have created. The theme of the show is colour and we call it White Light. Each full-length dance has a colour (Highland, green, Latin, red, Jazz, black) and in between are short dances which show the change between colours. A character of "white light" goes throughout.

Last night was the dress rehearsal and it went so well! I was so proud of everyone. There were enough hiccups that my superstition about bad dress rehearsal, good performance is satisfied, but it went smoothly enough that I'm confident.

This morning, the firs thing I woke up thinking was: Opening Night. My stomach is in a giant knot right now. I feel kind of like I might puke and sometimes I forget to breathe for a few seconds. So many people are coming tonight to see this thing that I and three other directors have put together. I hope it goes well. I so hope it goes well.

This is the poster and program cover for the show. I designed it with another director, Seana. That is not me doing a high kick. I wish.

No comments: