Thursday 18 June 2009

Love/Hate

When I woke up and it was soooo grey, I was so not up for getting out of bed. I felt gross. So gross. There is no other word to describe that awful, nausea/ache/exhaustion "having the painters in" feeling. Ugh.

To brighten my mood, I put on a pretty green summer dress, then added leggings when I realized that it was COLD (why was it so COLD?). I shivered my way to work where I lasted two hours. The nausea part of the trifecta took over and I barely made it home before my stomach rebelled. Luckily, I hadn't yet eaten anything, so I ate a cracker and collapsed into bed.

When I woke up, the grey sky felt right. I was cozy in my bed with a book and a hot water bottle, and the grey felt like a wool blanket, wrapped around my day. Insulated and safe. Davis came over and we had tea, which was perfect. I used my sun-yellow teapot and flowery teacups and we caught up. I had a cute picture, but neglected to put a memory card in my camera, which was a key problem. As we hit the Glebe, the rain wasn't so bad and in fact was sort of comforting in a "reminded-us-of-Halifax" kind of way.



In other news, I haven't really been eating lately. I don't really know why. I usually eat breakfast, but lately it's been way less or not at all. And I keep being distracted through dinner hour and ending up not hungry and not eating. Tea with Davis was my dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Saf said...

don't not eat.

Unknown said...

I concur. I'll be disappointed with you if you waste away to nothing.