Monday 15 June 2009

The kind of thing that would happen to me.

When the meds ran out but the symptoms did not, I went back to the doctor. Just to be safe, he sent me for a CBC* (blood test) and a chest x-ray. The x-ray lady was very nice ("Is there any chance you're pregnant? OK. No pregnancy? Sure?") and the blood test lady was nice, but harried. She had to leave me with the strap on my arm to go deal with a minor disaster with another client. As she sat down to start over, I smiled and did that thing where I make a joke to lighten my nerves.

"Take two!" I smiled.

She looked confused... or busy. "Like in the movies," I added helpfully. I smiled and looked the other way while she stuck me with a needle.

When she was done, I turned back and she smiled back. "I took two vials," she said, "as instructed."





* When he said CBC, I was waiting for him to follow it with "chem-7, EKG and chest x-ray". Too much ER.

No comments: