Monday 29 June 2009

In which I am severly sleep deprived.

I am just back from my whirlwind trip to Halifax. I left Thursday night and spent three full, glorious days breathing in the Haligonian air (and holding off the rain). The weekend ended up being a lot nicer than the forecasted "rain, rain, rain". In fact, the rain pretty much held off altogether until this morning when I got up at four in the morning to trek to the airport. Was I sensible enough to go to bed early? Why, no, I was not. Unfortunately.

Halifax is great and I love it and I miss it. Canada is so large. It's so inconvenient. And our ability to travel so quickly astounds me. Was I really in Halifax, trudging through the chilly rain and wind at 4:00am? I asked myself as I stood in the warm sunshine at noon in Ottawa. Yes, the sky answered me at 6:00pm, yes you were. Here's a reminder in the form of a huge downpour for you to walk in.

Maybe my whole weekend was too good to be true. Maybe I fell asleep and dreamed my way through it. Maybe I never went to stay the weekend with Phil and never met his awesome roommates. Maybe I never sat with random brits in the front room as they compared notes on their night out. Maybe I never actually went to see Transformers 2 at Park Lane Cinemas before eating delicious sushi (with mango!) at Hamachi House. Maybe I never saw all those people I miss. Maybe. Because here I am, in a different place, in a different time (zone) and I can't help but feel that this is all a little surreal. If it was a dream, it was a good one.

Here are my dream-photos:

Citadel Hill

Down toward the water

The Public Gardens (I)

The Public Gardens (II)

The Public Gardens (III)

Phil, eating bread dough off his fingers:
"Well, I don't want it to go to waste."

1 comment:

Ange Friesen said...

Maybe.


I'm pretty sure you went.