Friday 6 March 2009

2 a.m. and I'm still awake writing a blog

I don't sleep anymore. Not enough, anyhow, and it's completely my own fault.

However, in a few short minutes I will be conking out after a long day of (some) work and two hours of Dance Fit. Mmm... my thighs just told me they want a divorce. Partially due to the workout and partially due to the Beyonce/Sasha Fierce* music. I, of course, am ignoring them.

Phil's younger sister was visiting King's these past few days and she was a lot of fun. I was excited to meet her, because Phil speaks highly of her, and I wanted to make her feel welcome -- let's face it, I'm a tour guide, I was all set to put on my "Hello Prospective Student" airs. Fortunately, Andrea turned out to be a delightful person and I enjoyed hanging out with her very much. I can count on one hand the number of people I know who are as genuinely sweet and friendly as she is, and without being boring. It was no chore at all, hanging out with her, and I wish she could have stayed longer. Another example that age doesn't matter at all in friendship.

My sister is visiting next week, and I hope her visit goes as well.



*Beyonce knows we can still tell it's her, right?

No comments: